California residents are on high alert as the BA.5 test positive rates have risen to more than 50%. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has urged California residents to take extra precautions to prevent the further spread of the dangerous and contagious disease which was previously not considered life-threatening. It has since been discovered that the disease can be passed from person to person through skin contact or bodily fluids, thus increasing its infectious capacity drastically in comparison to other diseases.
What is the BA.5 Test?
The BA.5 test is a blood test that is used to detect the presence of antibodies to the novel coronavirus. This test is important because it can help determine if someone has been infected with the virus and may be at risk of developing a serious illness. The test is also important for tracking the spread of the virus. In California, the BA.5 test positive rate has been greater than 50% for several weeks now, which means that many people are infected with the virus and are at risk for developing a serious illness.
What are Ways to Lower My Risk of Getting Sick?
1. Get vaccinated against the flu and other common illnesses.
2. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
3. Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
4. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough, and dispose of used tissues properly.
5. Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched, such as doorknobs, light switches, and countertops
6. Wearing an N95 face mask when going outside and commute. Avoid large gathering without an N95 respirator.
2 thoughts on “California Residents on High Alert as BA.5 Test Positive Rates Greater than 50%”
Great article with no annoying fat or unless info. Thanks a bunch.